Moneycorp: Portuguese debt auction today [12/01/2011]
– Roll up, roll up– Please… Good morning. Its original coinage is variously attributed to King Charles I, Benjamin...00
Moneycorp: EU says no need for Portugal bailout [11/01/2011]
– Nudge nudge, wink wink– ‘Know what I mean.. Good morning. The Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen...
Moneycorp: Halifax sees house prices falling [10/01/2011]
– US payrolls data a disappointment – China’s trade surplus narrows sharply Good morning. The shadow chancellor, Alan Johnson,...
Moneycorp: Sterling outperforms the labouring euro [07/01/2011]
– But falls elsewhere on weak services PMI– Key US and Canadian employment reports today Good morning. An American...
Moneycorp: Somebody buys Portuguese government bills [06/01/2011]
– At a high rate of interest– Investors optimistic on US jobs situation Good morning. Stories of profligacy and...
Moneycorp: A happy new year for equity markets [04/01/2011]
– But not for the Aussie dollar or the yen– Sterling still making up its mind Good morning and...
Moneycorp: Estonia to join Euro currency tonight [31/12/2010]
– Estonia to join the single currency tonight– Greece offers Estonia its place Good morning. Nobody was particularly surprised...
Moneycorp: Sterling is back on its feet – for the moment [30/12/2010]
Good morning. A headline on Bloomberg this morning appears to illustrate one of the consequences of currency misalignments; “Brazil...