Get the best euro exchange rates! Currency Roundup – Brought to you by MyCurrencyTransfer.com
What is going on in the world of currency?
They say a week is a long time in politics, and the same can certainly be said for the currency market And guess what..it is only Tuesday! Whether you are looking for the best euro exchange rates, dollar, shekel or yen, we bring you some of the highlights of the week that may help or hinder the value of your upcoming international money transfers:
- GBP has roared to a six month high against EUR. Now is the time to cash in on the best euro exchange rates.This comes amidst concerns that Greece will likely be forced to default on it’s debt. Interestingly, the Greek deputy finance minister has come out saying that the country has enough cash in reserve to be in business for another 30 days. Ever heard the phrase ‘‘I’ll believe it when I see it’’. Investors are getting very concerned about their ability to pay back it’s debts.
- It doesn’t get better for the Greeks as their not so friendly ‘friends’ from Italy have come out saying they won’t bail out Greece if their borrowing costs are greater than the Greeks
- In the USA, Barack Obama’s jobs program is faced with problems of moving towards implementation as bizzarly the contents were conveniently ‘leaked’ by an insider. The leaker has revealed that Mr.Obama’s plans would be paid for through higher taxis. Ever heard the phrase ‘‘sacked in the morning!’’
- The USD hit a two month high against GBP, topping out at 1.5793 before retracing some of the gains that were made. This is the lowest sterling has fallen against the USD since January. If you are selling USD, this is certainly the right time to check out our comparison tables.
- USD pummelled to a 7 month low against EUR of 1.3497
- Bad news for UK house prices. RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) highlight a fall in house prices.. guess what? Again!
Looking for the best euro exchange rates? Today is certainly your day. Here is an overview of the main currency pairings:
EURO/GBP – 1.1602
US$/GBP – 1.5823
CHF/GBP – 1.3989
CAN$/GBP – 1.5714
AUS$/GBP – 1.5311
ZAR/GBP – 11.708
JPY/GBP – 121.855
HKD/GBP – 12.351
NZD/GBP – 1.9218
SEK/GBP – 10.592
US$/EURO – 1.3638
If you have an upcoming international money transfer, why not check out our comparison tables at www.mycurrencytransfer.com – rather than settling for the first option you stumble across, shop around and compare money transfer options.